Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolution #1- 50 books

So I recently rediscovered that reading is the only pay to truly and consistently stimulate by brain into growth. So I decided that this year, I was going to read 100 books. When I did the math I realized that was a book every 3.65 days, and promptly decided that there was no way I could do this. But being the stubborn ass that I am (thank god) I decided to try to keep to that goal. But now I've changed my mind to go for 50 books a year, much more than the 8 or so I read last year. I will be updating this note with the name of each book I read, and perhaps a short review if I'm feeling especially nerdy.

1. The Psychology of Poker , by Alan N. Schoonmaker, PhD.
Definitely worth the read, totally redefined my outlook on player types, their tendencies, and motivations. Addressed a lot of very important underlying issues that most poker books ignore.

No comments: